Datlinq is the partner for data-driven sales and marketing in the out-of-home market. We connect great brands with the most relevant food service locations. We do this smartly based on big data. Customers are multinationals such as Unilever, Red Bull and FrieslandCampina, but also for newcomers such as Texel beer. We provide fact-based sales and marketing solutions driven by big data technology, intelligent algorithms, and great tooling.
With our iOS app Salesmapp and SaaS marketing platform we provide our customers with innovative tools that challenge the status quo in data-driven sales and marketing. We currently work for 80 food and drink brands. For more information about our products or customers, please visit www.datlinq.nl. At our headquarter in Rotterdam (located near Blaak central station), we are looking to expand our ambitious team with a data engineer.
JOB DESCRIPTION / PROFILE
You will be part of the DataLabs team as a data-engineer and will work closely with data scientists and application developers. This is a small, highly ambitious team that develops innovative approaches to the Food and beverage industry challenges. The team works closely together in a friendly atmosphere where every achievement is a true team achievement.
As a data engineer, you will be building and maintaining data systems solving data-processing bottlenecks and data-handling problems that arise from the high volume and variety of our data.
You know how to build big data solutions that are coherent, modular, and scalable. You understand EMR clusters with Spark to handle, process, and refine big data into more manageable sized datasets. At first, you will be the data engineer in the team, however, the ambition is to grow the team and you will be part of shaping that future.
In this role, you will report to the Development Director with whom you will work together on your personal development and skill set. However, in your day to day job, you will work with the product owner, data scientists, developers, and data engineers.
- Work with the product owner and development team on the Datlinq Datalabs data roadmap.
- Be a member of a scrum team, participating in release planning and scrum planning meetings.
- Help code our high performance, scalable and resilient pipeline and services that power all Datlinq applications.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree (computer science is a pre)
- Hands-on Python experience
- Strong analytical, innovative view combined with a pragmatic attitude
- Proactive attitude, leading by example and courage to stand out
- Good communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Hand on experience with AWS services is a pre
- A great sense of humor! Because we have it too!
- New office in the vibrant center of Rotterdam, 1 minute from Blaak train/metro station
- Lots of technical freedom
- Working in the dynamic food & drink domain (out-of-home)
- A team of professionals with a huge dose of humor and fun
- Interesting salary depending on your experience
- Office presence and homework can be combined
- Training, seminars & meet-ups for professional development
- A challenging position in a dynamic food and beverage market to be truly relevant with insights
- Device of your choice like MacBook or other
Are you ready for your next challenge in a young, growing company where your input is taken seriously? Please send your resume to Maarten Kalff (email@example.com). For more information please check our website www.datlinq.com or call us at +31 (0)10 – 28 68 900.
—Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated—